Another attempt

I can’t remember the last time I went to the doctor before last week. I’ve been on new meds for two days and my sugars are kind of all over the place. Saw an educator and nutritionist for the first time 17 years? (makes me feel old). I know I need to be patient but it’s hard to let go of not being in control. I am hard on myself to the point of hating the fact that I have high sugars. I’m trying to be patient, but I want to be better now.

Libbie, just take it slow. I have had too many times in my wife where I try to bring a high sugar back to normal NOW only to find myself chasing the BG reading. Don’t overreact. Stay calm and remember that YOU CAN DO IT!!

I’m honestly just doing what my doctor is telling me to right now. Taking whatever amount of insulin they tell me to and eating within the guidelines given…measuring foods, reading labels, making my boyfriend eat all the Halloween candy in the house (that one was hard). I still cant get my numbers lower than 200. Needless to say I’m having a tough day.