Another Year Has Passed: A Remembrance: The Birth/Death Day of My Son 

To new members: I re-post this every July because it is a universal experience…This year, it was almost lost in the deep grief of my sister’s passing in June. But I think I may be able to braid Paula’s and Huck’s deaths into some kind of tough, resilient thread in the warped tapestry of my life…Time will tell…

This year, if the link works, I have included a short article about “cross-species” understandings of grief. The universality of emotions needs attention right now.

Blessings all and Love of the Universe to you…Judith in Portland…

7 Likes

count me in for help with braiding - I have experience with fibers and also deep grief.

I love you Judith. I also appreciate the stories you bring in to deepen our ties, like the chimps, (I also loved the story about the wolves walking and watching) - as the loss of your child is such a white-hot searing pain it’s hard to look at it without turning away. Those of us who also feel this community is Home of their heart gather around you and hope you can find some peace in our shared experience.

blessings…

3 Likes

Thank-you for sharing. I somehow missed your earlier posts. Life can exact brutally painful experiences. Your commitment to express their meaning through dance and words is beautiful. Keep shining, Judith!

1 Like

Beautiful… My son would have been 12 this year. I don’t really talk much about it, but reading your words helped me so much.
Grief is universal… One of the things I remember most vividly is my brother (he was 13 at the time) made my mom take him to our local 5-and-dime and he bought an angel bear with his allowance he had been saving because he didn’t want me to leave the hospital with empty arms. I still don’t know to this day how he knew how much that would mean, he just did. I still carry that bear with me to each new place.

4 Likes

I read your beautiful note every year. It gives me grounding. Thank you Judith.

rick

1 Like

((((Hugs Judith)))) :heart:

1 Like

Much love to you, Judith!

1 Like

Dear Judith,
thank you so much for sharing your son, your heart, and your story here. I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I too lost a child, my 22 year old daughter Elizabeth. It’s been almost 4 years now, and some days the grief is deep and feels bottomless, and most days I am infinitely grateful for the 22 years we had, and the relationship I have with her in spirit. (I write about her here: > https://luminousblue5.com)

Though it doesn’t directly have to do with my having had T1 diabetes from age 12, I am aware of the irony of how hard I worked to have a healthy baby (and had two healthy daughters born!), and then to have her die from cancer at age 22…

Sending much love to you, and gratitude to find another common thread in this community. Oh, and thank you for the story about the chimps - wonderful!

4 Likes

I don’t talk about this much, thank you for sharing, the lost of child is devastating, life as good as it is, but it is never the same.

3 Likes