Any thoughts on the Deltec Cozmo?

same here. the almost got the animas just because it looked awesome. i tried it for a week, then i tried to cozmo. the cozmo won hands down because it pretty much does all the work for you, as far as correction boluses and insulin-on-board subtractions. it would be pretty sweet if they could combine the 2 pumps. the animas2020 is by far the best pump for looks and size, but when it comes to pumps, looks shudnt matter; as long as it doesnt way 5 pounds and look like a bomb… the cozmo definetely has better features, and the compatability it has with the pc rocks; just upload and print. the only thing i dont like about the cozmo is the alarms! beep beep beep! when im in the middle of biology class or trig, and it goes off telling me that my last sugar level was high…ugh! if someone cud tell me how to shut that off itd be great.

I have the 1700 version of the Cozmo, not the new 1800 upgrade. I heard that in the new upgrade if you test and you are high, and then test again before the alarm has gone off and are normal, the alarm gets cancelled and doesn’t go off. This doesn’t happen with the one I have and it’s annoying. You can also turn off that alarm, just go into Pump Settings > Personalize > Alerts and you can turn it off altogether.

I hate how quiet the Cozmo alarms are, I can never hear them if I’m in a noisy environment. I also like that Animas has different ring tones … wish Cozmo had that.

doesn’t the Cozmo have a vibrate feature? Is there any reason you wouldn’t want to use that - other than personal preference :slight_smile: ?

It does have a vibrate feature but I don’t use it often because it’s impossible to have key beeps turned on and the alarms set to vibrate at the same time. If I could do that, I would. :slight_smile: I’m visually impaired and so the key beeps are a safety thing – it confirms for me that I’ve made some on-screen change when I might not be able to see the change happen.

For those of us who use Cozmos and want better cases: this company has been developing a modified version of their case designed specifically for the Cozmo’s shape. I’ve been product testing for them and I really like what they’ve come up with. It’s totally discreet.

http://www.invisapump.org