Anyone have a Great Diabetes camp or event experience? Share your story!

Hello! My name is Cynthia and I am the community manager here at TuDiabetes! I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 19 and never attended a camp or really met anyone my age with diabetes until I was almost 35! I would love to make a great list of awesome camps or opportunities available for kids, teens and young adults so that nobody will ever miss out!

I need YOUR help!

Please share any cool camps, events, etc. you have been a part of and loved. Then together we can make sure as many people as possible never feel alone or miss these awesome opportunities!

Thank YOU!

1 Like

http://www.diabetes.org/in-my-community/diabetes-camp/camps/new-horizons-north.html

Camp New Horizons North
We have a south camp also the week after. I have been volunteering as a counselor at north camp since around 2003 I think. Love it, great staff, great kids and we have a lot of fun!

1 Like

Thank you!!

I’ve been going to Camp Needlepoint in Hudson, WI every summer since I was 4, and I absolutely love it there. There are so many awesome kids to meet, and it’s so fun to share diabetes stories with other kids who can relate. I hope to be a counselor there when I’m older.

1 Like