Apple Watch and sugarmate

Has anyone else gotten an Apple Watch for glucose readings.
I really want them real-time on the face all the time.
The dexcom ap is useless because it tells you to look at your phone when I try to see it. And it’s delayed unless you manually update.
That makes it useless.

I got sugarmate and set it up. It was a lot of setting up with calendars and all that and it’s working, but the font is so small.
I love that it shows the increase or decrease like +4 or -6

Is there someone here who knows how to make the glucose reading bigger. I can hardly read it. I don’t see any suggestions to change that

Have you tried Settings -Display & Brightness - Text on your watch to adjust the text font?

I use the Loop and Dexcom apps on my watch, both are complications on my watch face. It is easy to tap either to open the app and refresh values. I also use Sugarmate on my phone and Mac. I like that it gives the delta. I didn’t install it on my watch though as I want to conserve the battery and the other two apps work fine for me .

I’ll try that. Thanks. I really only want my glucose bigger. But I’ll take what I can.
I don’t mind the battery issue, I want it to automatically update every time my dex throws a new number. My battery lasts a couple of days and it charges pretty fast.

1 Like

I hope it helps. My battery uses about 2% an hour which is fine, EXCEPT when running a Workout and then it can use up 10+% an hour so I do need to conserve the battery during workouts. I have the Apple Watch 4 and I’ve heard the newer models have better battery performance.

There is a Zoom feature on the watch but I don’t think it is useful for longterm use.

I don’t think that the text is bigger using this modular watch face, but it might be easier to see with the calendar in the center of the face.

Out of curiosity I changed my watch to Bold Text but I don’t know if it is making any difference for the watch face although the text is bolder using apps.

I have an Apple Watch 2 and I don’t know whether that is the root of my calendar syncing problems. I use SugarMate/calendar periodically and then it gets as bad as the Dexcom app for not showing my numbers. But I optimistically started using it again today.

Interestingly when I took this watch screen photo, the calendar and Dex apps weren’t the same. I think that the calendar is more app to be current.

I figured this out too. You set the calendar to 0 minutes. So it pulls the data when you wake your watch.

I also had it crash a few times and had to start over. It’s seems ok now.

I know I’m late to this thread, but when I add the face shown by Laddie in the SugarMate app setup for the Apple Watch, the face I chose in the SugarMate app doesn’t appear in the Watch face gallery.

I search apps and cannot find sugarmate to down load? Any advice?

SugarMate is only on Apple. So if you have Android, I don’t think it is an option. To use SugarMate numbers on an Apple Watch, you have the SugarMate app on your phone. In the SugarMate menu, there is a link to how to set it up to go to your watch, It uses the Apple Calendar to send readings to your watch so there is not a SugarMate watch app.