Are you a photographer? Share your pictures here!

Winter Sunset
New guy here, and just getting back into photography after a 19 year hiatus. My camera is a Canon A-1, (yep 35mm) coupled with a Canon 70-210 bay macro zoom. This is off the first roll of film I put through the camera.

wow, thats alot of ducks…but a cool pic!

I would like some feedback on a couple of the images that I have taken, thanks.

Beautiful Shot What kind of camera are you using?

Katey, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Great subjects.

onesaint, I would just like to know what you like/dislike (maybe something you would change) about the photo and if there are any tips that would be great. :smiley: Hope this helps.

Kayla, that is amazing! I hope to get out and get some spring photos as well. :wink:

Katey, The cats is cool, you might crop the bottom to get rid of the brown although, that might leave the cat floating in space. Its a good shot and great expression.See how you like it in different crops.

Same with the fish. I love the capture - the fish is perfect. Id like to see him pop a bit more as the orange fish draw my attention. Good use of the rule of thirds. The lip (stone) should come in more or be cropped. Possibly try to make the subject fish pop color wise a bit more? In a photo editor, I mean.

Keep up the great work!

Some fun shots -

Thank you for the tips onesaint! They are very helpful, I will definitely be playing around with different ways to crop the photos and see how it changes them. Your photos are great! I love the butterfly, it is just amazing. :smiley:

Katey, you could crop the cat tighter at the bottom of the frame, going up to the face. If you crop just to the paws, you have as onesaint says a floating cat. I teach my students to make sure you don’t cut off feet, fingers, hands as a whole and give room so they don’t appear to be missing appendages.

Katey" I love your pics!,love the colors of the first one.
Kayla" Are these cherry blossoms?,I love those :"

love to take photography