Submit a Summer Photo...Community Summer "Shots"

I took a shot leaving my parents house in Boise last night and thought…I wonder what everyone else’s evening looked like? That and this beautiful place for Art and Poetry has been waaaaaaay toooooo quiet!

Let’s see a bunch of community summer “shots”!

And this is also happening in Boise. Makes me nervous and sad. Firefighters are amazing.

4 Likes

It’s too bad we don’t have either of these boats in the water.

4 Likes

Not from my actual home, but my wish home of Hawaii.

4 Likes

From Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, looking down on an ascending Tram car with the Willamette River in the distance.

5 Likes

A mural near my new apartment in downtown Portland, Oregon.

7 Likes

Gorgeous!

@Terry4 I just love Portland and these images are perfect!

@cynthia_rogers – My last summer in Boise, in 1985, I worked in the radio shop at the Boise Interagency Fire Center at the Boise airport. We had a bad fire season that summer, too. Any idea where your fire photo was taken?

Ah, OHSU, my old “home” during internship and residency. So glad I’m outta there!

9 Likes

One of my night walks landscapes and some feral kittens. I’ve started helping a neighbor tnr a feral colony. I noticed the kittens on my walk and talked with a caretaker of the elderly couple there who have been feeding them. It is an emergency situation with at least 12 cats including 2-3 pregnant females and 3 litters of kittens of various ages. We trapped only two both of whom I drove to and picked up from a free tnr clinic, they’re in my studio now until they can be released. It turns out the caretaker is a diabetic nurse and her granddaughter has type 1 too. She has been so nice and has given me a lot of advice and help, more than my doctors and everyone else for sure.

8 Likes

The small fountain my partner added to our front yard attracts many visitors, including these blacktail bucks a couple of weeks ago. The photo was taken through the window of my front entry, only about 40 feet to the deer.

9 Likes

This shows the same flower bed and fountain in May when the rhododendrons were still blooming and before the deer ate all the sea thrift and other flowers.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s an impressive “after” and “before”! Beautiful!

I live within walking distance to the Grand River, this is Big Creek, which feeds into it. Many a day are spent walking through the River and Creek and enjoying the scenery. Came across this dapper fellow sometime in early May. He was about 5ft long (impressive for an Ohio snake).

5 Likes

What a big boy! I’ve always had a soft spot for kittens, puppies, and snakes. Once caught my own western diamondback rattlesnake (now he was a really big boy!)

Beautiful pic, BTW!

1 Like

Alberta wild rose, my provincial flower, after a summer deluge
[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/ninikay6/media/image_zpshiu6cujm.jpeg.html][/URL]

5 Likes

This is our little frog sanctuary at our house. My 2 year old calls them our “ribbits”. Living way in the country and hearing only the frogs talking at nights is just about the most peaceful thing ever. There are about 10 ribbits of varying sizes living here.

5 Likes

I grew up in an area that used to be a rattle snake refuge (or so I was told). Seen quite a few in my day, but just little ones (maybe 3 feet max). Hearing those rattles is something I’ll never forget and I’m glad I got the chance to.

I was just thinking about, this, too. Everything is smaller in Ohio. A few months back I almost hit a bald eagle driving to my parents’ house. Not the giant, majestic creatures we all think about, though. This was still big, but not huge, and he was sitting in the middle of the road eating road kill…

1 Like

Fellow Canadian!! :canada::canada::canada::canada:

1 Like