Autoimmune Protocol (AIP)

Anyone on here had success with AIP and blood sugar control?

Note* (I am NOT attempting a cure so please no judgmental comments, you can take those somewhere else.)

What is AIP?

See the post title – autoimmune protocol.

My guess is it refers to this

That’s it @MM1 thank you.

It sounds promising. There was a tiny study conducted at Scripps in San Diego. They achieved a 78% remission rate with IBD patients who continued their drugs as prescribed by their doctors. They are now crowd funding to test Hashimoto’s.

I firmly believe food can help heal. My enlarged thyroid and nodules (15 years) went to normal after going gluten free when I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I have Hashi’s and was taking hormone replacement (standard treatment). I also went mostly grain free and LCHF. I focus on avoiding processed foods.

I am a TD2.

It can not cause any harm, in my non-medical opinion. :blush:

Great points @Cyclinglady, my mother had an autoimmune disease which was not diabetes. I’m the only one in my family that was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes unfortunately. I’ve noticed upon slowly removing things like eggs, dairy, etc. that I can tell a drastic improvement in blood sugar levels.

Keep an eye out for celiac disease as it is commonly linked to TD1 and can develop at any age.

https://beyondtype1.org/celiac-disease/

Autoimmune disorders run like crazy on both sides of my family. I am currently dealing with three: celiac disease, Autoimmune Gastritis, and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. I am alway watching to see if my TD2 will develop into TD1. By managing all three with a healthy diet and hormone replacement (no processed foods, gluten free, LCHF, etc.), I am doing pretty well. I also stay very active for a person of my age. Advocating for my own health has helped me immensely as has advocating for others. :blush:

I’ll keep you updated on my progress. I’m slowly cutting back on caffeine and alcohol before I attempt this as a hungry lady without caffeine or alcohol is deadly. :rofl: