Back from the hospital

Hey, Madison, please give us an update about how you’re doing currently.

We care!!!

Second!

It's been hard but I'm beginning to except living with diabetes. I've got my Mom more involved in my diabetic life. I told her how depressed I get sometimes and she understands what I'm going through.

I'm in Hong Kong, Mom had to come here on business and I came along with her. We're going to fly back to Tokyo Wednesday. I am going on a 3 day Sesshin at the Su Bong Zen Monastery. My Mom has gone there before and thinks it will help me.

Sorry I haven't checked in at TUD, I was busy getting my head together and hanging with my boyfriend during spring break. Me and Teruo have become very close now that he's acting more like a gentleman. I wanted him to come with us to Hong Kong but Mom said he couldn't.

Madison, im glad to hear that you are in a better place with living with diabetes and that you have been able to share how you feel with your mom.

we are always here for you whenever you have questions and want to blow off steam.

sending you good vibes, always!

Madison, so happy to hear no news is good news. Hang in there!

My last post was made on Saturday, the site says it was Friday. This was confusing to me until I took into account that Tokyo is on the other side of the international date line from the US. Thinking of the time difference as 8 hours earlier and 1 day later is confusing. So I now think of it as 16 hours later.

I’m back home and feeling great. It seems like all my worries were just in my head. If your not a Buddhist you won’t understand but 3 days of meditation and training has changed my whole outlook on life. I now look at diabetes as just another minor setback in my journey through life. I can now meditate and come back refreshed and renewed like I used to.

I have been doing fair in my T1D control. I hope to improve that starting now. When I was on retreat at the Zen center, my schedule of food/insulin was upset. I tried to keep my sugar high to avoid going low during hours of meditation. Now I can get back on schedule and hope to get things under control. One thing I have already got under control is my emotions.

My new plan is to remain her in school until school is out. Then I will go visit my grandparents on my father’s side (my real father) in San Diego. I’ll stay there for 4 weeks then go visit my grandparents in Honolulu. Then I’ll return to Tokyo in time to start the fall semester at school. While I’m in San Diego I’ll get a chance to visit the Yokoji-Zen Mountain Center, a place I spent time at when I was lived in San Diego. They will have an appointment for me with an Endocrinologist so I can get a check up and advice (I don’t expect to need much advice by then). In Honolulu I just want to look up old friends and have fun.

I will be studying every night and all weekends to try and get my grades back up before the end of school. I don’t expect to get them back to pre-diabetes days but I’ll do the best I can. I don’t expect or want any consideration because I’m diabetic.

I’m leaving for school in a few minutes, I can’t wait to see Teruo, I’ve missed him.