Bad day!

Ok so Ive pretty much just had to WORST day ever. A kid at school commited suicide…I didnt know him but my friend did. she told me she wanted to commit suicide yesterday too, so I told my cousin Krista. Krista told her mom, Aunt Lisa, who told the counselor at school. The counselor called my friend. Then my friend called me and was REALLY mad at me. I talked to my other cousin Asha about it. She said I did the right thing and that I shouldnt feel bad, but I do. Honestly, Ive never experienced so much pain and hurt in one day. Plus tomorrows Saturday, so I wont see any of my friends.
Some one please talk to me!
b

Brandi, it was very brave of you to tell someone of your concerns. Talk of suicide can never be taken lightly. You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing and one day your friend will thank you for it. I’m so sorry that you are experiencing this. It is scary. Your feelings are totally normal. The best thing to do is talk about things with someone you trust. Call your friends, make sure they are OK. Now is when friends need each other the most. Don’t hesitate to reach out to someone be it your parents, family, friends or even us at TuD. I’m so sorry for all that you are going through.

You did the right thing Brandi. I was in a similar situation in high school and much later the person thanked me. Stay strong!