Bar "Romance." Help! Bars on the go...The Best and Worst? What are your experiences?

I don’t eat these for breakfast, but for snacks or occasionally lunch - Kind Bars. They’re fairly low carb ~ 15-18 grams, and as long as I bolus for that, I do fine after. I really like the dark chocolate ones, there’s a spicy one, and a peanut one with salt that are really good. They satisfy my need for something sweet, but there’s enough fat, fiber and protein to slow down the rise. However, I read the labels of course, because some of theirs have more carbs and more sugar, and those do not work well! I think they usually have fruit in them…

Any other bars I’ve tried I can use to treat lows (15 grams worth), but otherwise I spike. I used half a Luna bar for lows for years. But then I’d have to carry around half a sticky bar in my purse, and I got tired of that. :slight_smile:

LOLOL…I see I am not the only one who thought this topic was on something else!! I was really curious on what “Bars on the go” were? Was I so old I have lost touch with today’s generation of bar hopping?

OHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh…nevermind

1 Like

No, you weren’t the only one. Read the first few posts up near the beginning. :laughing:

1 Like

I like the Nature Valley Salted Caramel Nut and Coconut Almond Protein bars to take to work with me for lunch. 14 carbs, 10g protein and, most importantly for me, gluten free. It seems that hardly any bars are gluten free, and as gluten gives me a horrible stomachache, I haven’t tried many other bars. I’m not sure why other Nature Valley bars aren’t gluten free, but the protein ones are. They do have a bit of dairy, which also bothers me, but these don’t seem to have enough to affect me.

As for blood sugars though, there’s usually very little spike as there aren’t a lot of carbs and the protein keeps me steady. They’re also relatively cheap. About three and a half bucks for six, give or take depending on the store and whether or not they’re on sale.

1 Like

Ooh, those bars sound yummy! And my husband, who eats GF, might like them, too!

@David_dns all about the marketing!! :slightly_smiling_face: