Believe It or Not - Help

:sunglasses:strong text
Vanilla Whey Protein Powder and
Rice Protein

Have You Prepared A Food Item With Either One of These?
Am considering making Perfect Protein Pancakes
Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Very New To Forum.
My 2ā€™nd Post

1 Like

Sorry, I avoid stuff like that because it spikes my bg a lot. :confused: I am destined to eat a bland diet.

Iā€™ve used both kinds of protein powders. Whole Foods has a Whey protein powder with only 2g carbs per scoop. The ā€œveggieā€ protein powder I use has 4g carbs in it. I have gotten reasonable results with those.

I have made protein powder pancakes, they are nice and light.

Protein powders all give me a spike. I have a great recipe for yummy, light pancakes made with almond flour, heavy cream, eggs and a dash of steviaā€¦Iā€™ll see if I can dig it up.

But the main thing is always to TestTestTest. We are all so different. The only way to know for sure is to try and then test your #s at appropriate intervalsā€¦Good luck and blessingsā€¦

2 Likes

Pancakes are pretty much a once or twice a year treat. Heavy cream, on the other hand, is used in my coffee every day. There is some sitting here now. :sunglasses:

The texture of the rice powders I tried in nutrition shakes for my non-D husband was unpleasantly gritty.

1 Like

I make pancake ā€˜creepsā€™ (I eat them everyday!) I make one at a time and make about 10 and leave them in the fridge. Even eating two at a time will have little to no effect on BS.
per cakeā€¦
1/2 cup water (or unsweetened almond milk)
3 Tbs egg white
1/2 Tbs organic coconut flour
12 Tbs gluten free oat flour (also can use chia flour but hard to find)

Get creative with topping. You can make it high protein by using sun warrior protein powder. I mix with almond cream cheese, monk fruit and it will be frosting like. I use other stuff but thatā€™s just one.

PS - Iā€™m gluten and dairy free if you didnā€™t notice obviously! But you an also do a recipe search for ricotta pancakes.

Question - Are you familiar with creating diabeticlow carb dinners?

Dear pastelpainter -please be so kind and share your pancake recipe with me.

Dear Judith,
If you find the recipe, I would be very interested in trying it.

I have a few cookbooks. But I still skip breakfast and lunch most days. I find intermittent fasting works for me, eating when hungry. Real Meal Revolution is one of my favourite books.

Here is a link to lots of low carb pancakes. I canā€™t find the recipe I used to use, but you should find something you like here: https://www.lowcarblab.com/best-low-carb-pancakes/
It is always a good idea to test your bgs after trying something new.
Have fun!

Is chia flour just ground up chia seeds? I wonder if one could just buy chia seeds and make their own flour easily.

I have an order for oat flour that I just submitted on Amazon. Iā€™ve never used it before, but it seems like a semi-low carb flour that might be useful since I also canā€™t eat wheat/gluten.

Do you make your own almond cream cheese? This is something Iā€™m starting to explore, and Iā€™ve bought several books on how to make dairy-free cheese (though havenā€™t actually tried it yet, itā€™ll be my project over the holidays). I have an anaphylactic allergy to potatoes, and almost all the commercial dairy-free cheeses that I can find contain potato starch. There is ONE brand of diary-free cream cheese that I can eat, but I have to order it online, and I havenā€™t yet found a safe sliceable cheese. So I figured making my own would be less expensive and healthier.

I use a fanatic brand called Kite Hill. Whole foods carries it. I use the spreadable one but they have a few varieties. I find all those products use either corn or potato starch like Daiya and that;s gonna elevate blood sugar for HOURS! I have experiment with making my own versions. I love getting creative puddings,ice creamā€¦ no cream cheese yet. But often puree organic tofu for that creamy vibe. Then add your flavors stevia, vanilla, sea salt. I should make a cook book!
I;m working on getting my hand on this and I need to go through the company my health foods store isnā€™t caring it.

Also check forā€¦

Nope tried that I thought it was gross! LOL
Itā€™s from Dowd and Rogerā€™s here are the Ingredients ā€¦
Ingredients: Chia Grain, Rose Tapioca Flour, Millet Flour, Chestnut Flour and Xanthan Gum.

http://www.dowdandrogers.com/products.html

Itā€™s fantastic but if you make them do one at a time blend the mixture of a little cup right before you put it in the pan. If you let it sit between each cake itā€™s gonna turn gummy.

Thank you! I havenā€™t heard of this brand yet! Thereā€™s a Whole Foods two blocks from me, so Iā€™ll check it out this weekend (assuming I actually leave my house, stupid coldā€¦).

yuck and high blood sugars! I use essential oils they are amazing for boosting the immune system. Feel better soon.