Best Essential Oil for Inflammation?

I have been dealing with inflammation for a while now and want to try a new method for reducing it. Does anyone have any experience in using essential oils? I went to a holistic doctor and they recommended lavender oil, but wanted to see what’s worked for others.

Hi @Emily2

I think it might be helpful to understand what type of inflammation you’re dealing with.
I’d say my research on the topic is mostly for supplements - which might help you too. Two antioxidants are great for inflammation: astaxanthin and CoQ10, the former being for more of a general use in the body and the latter more focused on inflammation due to high cholesterol. My endo was not necessarily happy but didn’t prohibit me from taking them.
As for essential oils, there are many and they will help you with specific types of inflammation. Roman chamomile, cardamom, clove, eucalyptus, geranium, peppermint, lavender, nutmeg, dwarf pine and tea tree all help. :slight_smile: Roman chamomile helps with arthirtis, for example. Lavander always makes me sleep(y) and has never had any kind of anti-inflammatory effect on me. Take a look at these and beware of how you use them, as applying directly on your skin might create a rash.

1 Like

I’ve used Voltaren for topical pain and inflamation. I know it’s not an essential oil, but it works sooo well.