Beta testing an app for Dexcom Apple Watch Complications

Very cool, @TylerDrew. Thanks so much for sharing this post with us.

Nice work, @TylerDrew . G5 is still not available in Spain and I’m using Xdrip / NightScout bundle. I can send data to my apple watch using BG app, Nightscouter, etc. Do you think that we, people out of US, not having access to G5/Share could have a chance to use this app fetching data from our azure site?

Thanks for commenting.
All the best!

Miguel

Hi @ten_miguel, again, I did not develop this application, so I’m sorry but I don’t have the information to be able to answer your question.

Thats great, can you please send me the link?

2 Likes

TylerDrew,
I am looking for a watch app that draws its data from the iPhone, instead of Share. I find myself often without cellular connectivity when I am at work, so data in a complication straight from the iPhone would be great. I did sign up for the beta, to test it any way… thanks for all you do.

Hi @ten_miguel, I am not the developer, so I do not know, but my understanding is that this AW app is pulling data from the Dexcom share server, so I do not think you would be able to use it with your Nightscout setup on Azure. Reading through the developer’s post, however, it looks like the code will be open source, which means that someone else will be able to develop a version that would work with Nightscout.

it, pulls it data from the share server, i just look it up,.

No worries, Tyler. Sorry for disturbing.

Many thanks for your comments!!

All the best!

I tried to get in and have not heard anything!!

I would love to go back in time and correct a bolus!!!

so have anyone got kick, out of the Beta test, ?.

i did

The app is now available from the app store, I received the below in email:

watchSugar 1.0 is now publicly available for free on the App Store! The demand for the app was so great that I had to stop accommodating beta test requests. Instead I decided to rush what seemed like a generally pretty good version (beta 9) to the public ASAP so that everyone else could start using it as well. That’s not to say your exit feedback won’t be useful. Depending on your responses an update might be right around the corner.

If you’re still using the beta, please switch to the public release since the beta won’t be valid forever. You can do this on your phone by 1) deleting watchSugar 2) searching “watchSugar” in the App Store app 3) downloading and setting up as before. After you’ve set it up please also consider leaving a rating or review if you’re so inclined to help spread the word to other diabetics.

Together we found and crushed many bugs. Great work everyone, thank you so much for your help!

Best,

-Adam

2 Likes

and thanks for posting about it here. Kudos to Adam for the popularity of the beta version!

Is anyone else having trouble getting their BG value to update in the complication? Mine is stuck on an old value and doesn’t update.

i’m, having the same thing, still working on it,.

I need help

Can someone explain how to set this up? I can’t seem to get it to work. In the watch sugar app on my phone I hve logged into dexcom

Do I use the G5 share in the G5 iOS app or download the share app. For whichever one how do I configure it?

Thanks,
C

I was told by Dexcom customer service that there’s a link to volunteer for the Android version of the phone monitoring app. I can’t find the link anywhere on their site. Is anyone currently beta testing the Android version and, if so, how did you sign up? I’m very jealous of iOS users who have had the app for > a year. Dexcom claims that they want to test it on many phone models to make sure that there are no problems but I asked the rep how many Android app developers have the means to test their apps on many phones. I appreciate their concern but am really frustrated since I ordered the Bluetooth transmitters last July and am afraid that once I open the packages, the transmitters will be dead. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for clarifications!