3 eggs, whisked
¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place broccoli plus one cup of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2½ minutes — broccoli should be tender but not mushy. Depending on the strength of the microwave, cooking time may need to be increased by 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Once broccoli is cooked, remove and drain well. Broccoli should be finely chopped so if you need to chop the broccoli more, do so here. Place chopped broccoli in a large bowl and add in the whisked eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic powder and salt. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to combine well. Mixture should stick together without much effort.
Shape into nuggets and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. If you are having a hard time forming into nuggets, add more breadcrumbs a tablespoon at a time.
Place formed nuggets on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip once and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Serve as is or with your favorite dip.

Cooking Note
If you choose to substitute frozen broccoli for fresh be sure to thaw and drain excess water. Nuggets should be crunchy, not soggy.
Nutrition Information

Serving size: 6 nuggets
Serves 4

Nutritional Info
Calories: 203; Total fat: 9g; Saturated fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 151mg; Sodium: 508mg; Carbohydrates: 17g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 14g; Potassium: 230mg; Phosphorus: 255mg

By Alexandra Caspero, MA, RD

2 Likes

Sounds yummy! Thanks, Mila!

1 Like

Done! Well not me, my mother did lol. They are absolutely fabulous. Will ask her for a picture, she did send me one.

1 Like

they dont really look like nuggets but they taste ¡perfecto!.

2 Likes

A related recipe is

2 Likes

I bet those would be great in my air fryer too!!

2 Likes