Check out our Thanksgiving recipe for green bean and almond casserole!

Ready for some Thanksgiving Day recipe ideas? We’re kicking off a series of them with a green bean and almond casserole.

Read the full post on Discuss Diabetes here.

Enjoy!

Laura K.

There are lower carb versions with a fraction of the carbs. Flour, bread crumbs & evaporated milk add quite a few. 14.9 carbs for a 1/2 cup is a lot for such a small portion. Don't know many people who can eat 1/2 cup of a casserole:) There are healthier alternatives to wheat products & evaporated milk.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Im a sucker for new recipes...This sounds good so Id love to try it ! Thanks for sharing :)

No problem, Teena! Hope you enjoy!
Best,
Laura K.

Thanks for commenting, Gerri. I feel like I'm always learning from your responses! Would love to try some of your recommended recipes. Do you have any you can share? If yes, maybe send them to USdiabetes@Sanofi.us. That way I can try a few out and possibly share them on Discuss Diabetes in the future.

And, a very happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones as well!

Best,
Laura K.

Hi Laura,

Here's one recipe I've used with a few changes http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/dotties_green_bean_casserole.html.
I use fresh green beans (parboiled) & fresh mushrooms instead of canned. I add 1/4 cup of heavy cream to get a more creamy sauce, which adds very few carbs to the total recipe. I leave out celery because I can't stand cooked celery. Celery isn't an ingredient in traditional green bean casserole anyway. If people prefer a topping, mix together 1.5 cups of almond flour with 3-4 TBS with softened butter. Add crumbles to the top.

Have a fun Thanksgiving!