Cold hands and sometimes feet?

I was taking natural desiccated thyroid for years. My GP was constantly getting warnings about it. I started having more trouble keeping my FT4 and FT3 balanced.

Around two years ago I switched back to Levothyroxine and liothyronine because the desiccated thyroid was losing strength. At that time I either talked with Janie Bowthrope or read something she had recently written and found out that she was extremely disappointed with how the formulas for desiccated thyroid were being changed. I believe she also switched to liothyronine and Levothyroxine.

I am happy with Levothyroxine and Liothyronine although my new GP sometimes complains about my low TSH. I take quite a bit of these meds and need to to keep my thyroid balanced. I am happy that they are saving me a lot of money since the desiccated natural thyroid was quite expensive.

1 Like

Absolutely he was quite right to be concerned, as mine was too when I was doing my experiments with the T3 to lower my reverse T3 which worked in 2017, but I could not afford that so decided instead to take supplements and let my own body do the work which it does just fine.

There are some non-doctors who lead thyroid support groups and say that TSH can be driven as low as close to zero and I disagree that is a good idea, unless of course you want to be dependent forever on drugs instead of making your own thyroid hormones. There was NO ay on earth I was going to be tricked into being dependent on something because of incorrect doctor suggestions again as that is how I became diabetic. So the end result is I can do just fine on my own as long as I do take the right supplements.

You cannot make something out of nothing, which is why I wonder how it is that people suggest fasting for days at a time. I can fast for one day, and do lots of intermittent fasting, but that is why I have a reverse T3 issue, so do not recommend the extreme suggestions some do, however I do not have more than 20 lbs to lose. So instead I am going to invest in a Fitbit Versa 2 that has just come on sale today.

My températures had hit as low as 95.x a few days ago and I figured that must be because I stopped the supplements for a while and had only added iodine, but that is not enough to do the job, so when I added in the L-Tyrosine and selenium and had also a DHEA tablet the next day as well as the iodine I had been putting in my salads that made a huge difference and my regular température is back to 98.5 degrees F.

By the way some of the support groups offer excellent advice on supplements to use and other things, but their advice is from the point of view of people who have already turned themselves into slaves for life to the thyroid drugs.
I have read so many books on this topic in 2014 when I was figuring out my own case.