Colds

I am battling a cold right now. Usually my target is 90% and more. My bloodsugars aren’t behaving normally. Will this fix itself when I am better?

Maybe yes, maybe no as with anything else in diabetes. I have 2 times of the year that my blood sugar does not behave for a couple of weeks or so. When the temperatures shift from hot to cold and also when the temperatures shift from cold to hot, when we go from hot to cold, I also tend to get the sniffles at the same time and blame them as well as anything I can think of. Fortunately, this period only lasts 2-3 weeks until my body is used to the change.

I had a cold that was giving me trouble using more insulin but no responding right. Better now.

I hope that works for you.

I have increased my carb ratios. I am on the 770 in automode 98% of the time. I am thinking by the time I figure things out my cold will be gone.

You misunderstood me. I have a cold.

I was trying to draw nexus between your cold and the time of the year, as for me they go hand in hand but for me the sudden change to cold weather seems to have a stronger influence on my BG than my simultaneous cold(s)

My bloodsugars are acting more normal. It was site change the next day and my numberswere behaving normally I was even 96% on target. I am lead to believe that my site was the issue. The next time that my bloodsugars do that I will change my site.

Am I correct in my assumption that your site change was for your pump and not your CGM? I am MDI with a CGM, so not being a pumper, just looking for a bit of education here. Thanks

Yes, my Guardian 3 has been very accurate for the most part. I compare my bloodsugars with my meter to assure that it is accurate. Since that day it has been in the 90% range.