Combining Dexcom and Pump data

Hi all,

I have been wrestling with combining the data from my dexcom (seven plus), my animas ping so i can have a somewhat "holistic" view into my diabetes management day to day. does anyone have an elegant solution to combine the two outputs?

From a developers view the data from Animas pumps is excellent. Their software can export all the data as an XML file. This way the processing of the data is very reliable. The same can be said about the Dexcom. Medtronic in contrast does only offer the CSV format for the export. This format is very poor and prone to misinterpretation. Metronic made the situation worse by translating the CSV header in different languages instead of just using English. I have written E-Mails about the problems of their format but they do not seem to care.

To make it short: you could use our project Glucosurfer to combine your data. We can process XML files from Animas and Dexcom for analysis. Just let me know if you experience any problems.

The Diasend system provided by Animas will supposedly read Animas pump data & Dexcom data as well as various meters. I haven;t used it yet but you can find instructions how to download the Uploader on the Animas web site.

I am able to download both my Ping and my Dexcom G4 to Diasend and there is a very good combined report showing the average data from each device. I assume that the 7+ will also download to Diasend but I don’t know.

In order to have the CGM tab become active in Diasend, you have to get the Clinic ID# for your endo practice. My endo had no idea what I was talking about because she never does the downloads, but I was able to get the info from one of the CDE’s at the clinic. Does your doctor’s office use Diasend?

If you have not used Diasend before, you need to get the gizmo from Animas to download your pump. You will also have to set up account at Diasend and download the Diasend Uploader. Also you can download your meters to Diasend so that you have your complete BG info.

I’m part of a group that’s working on diabetes data related issues. We’d welcome new members. We’ve got a github project called medevice-users, easier way to get there is to visit databetics.com, which will forward you to the github domain.

Just wanted to add that currently the CGM tab is grayed out for me in Diasend and I’m assuming for all USA users. Nothing has changed my clinic ID is still there. That’s too bad. I liked being able to view the data there it was nice.

DianaS is correct. Although I used to be able to see my Dexcom data on Diasend, it is no longer possible. It did allow me to download my Dex G4; I just can’t see the information. Diasend indicated that they have no timeline for when USA users will be able to use Diasend with Dexcom.