I know that this has been covered in this forum, ad nauseum, however, I’m trying to make the Big Jump to the pump soon and I can’t decide which one I want. Basically, I’ve heard different things about various features and I’m looking for confirmation/denial from actual users. I have it narrowed down to Minimed or Animas.
- Are there still big problems w/ the Animas software? I’ve read that Animas software is crappy, while the Minimed one is “old school looking” but works. I’ve definitely found some bizzare paterns by using the software w/ the OneTouch, so I am a fan of using the software as a tool.
- Is the OneTouch Ultralink accurate (at least as much as the Ultra2 or Mini)? That is the feature that I like the most but if the thing isn’t accurate then there is no point.
- I really like the screen on the Animas, but is that a side effect of Ipod use? Will the color really make a difference?
- Any difference w/ infusion sets?
- How is the customer service w/ each company? I’ve heard that Minimed is kinda shoddy in this department.
I realize that everyone has a different experience so of course there may be many answers to the questions. I know that I will love which ever one I choose, however, little annoyances are no fun.