Controlled!

I'm a T2. On August 25, 2014, I started insulin (Lantus and Novolog). My A1c at that time was 10.3. Today, it is 7.3. I'm so happy and grateful that I'm writing this blog as a way of shouting out my glee. On top of that, my doctor wrote "controlled diabetes" in my medical record. I do not remember the last time that was applicable.

One step at a time, but right now my steps are happy steps.

Good for you, kathimcb! We should always celebrate our victories. A three percentage point drop in just a few months is a big improvement. Keep up the good work!

well done! you must be so happy!

Thank you, Terry and pancreaswanted. I'm so happy.

GREAT! congrats!

That is wonderful news. It is now going on four years since I started insulin as a Type 2. It has made a world of difference. It wasn't haven't uncontrolled diabetes that really bothered me, it was a sense that there was nothing I could do to control my diabetes. With insulin you now should have a sense of having control.

Thanks, Mari and Brian. I agree, Brian, I feel so much more in control. I haven't felt this way in a long, long time.

Fabulous news!

For many T2s, insulin therapy is so necessary. It must be like going from driving a car with one flat tire and replacing it a new, fully inflated one.

Hi Mike, the irony is I resisted going on insulin. Boy, was I wrong!