Covid-19 — An Interesting New Theory Has Emerged

I’m at a loss to offer any logical comeback that might cause people like this to reconsider their conclusion. When people don’t agree on a common set of facts then arguments aiming to persuade are futile and do more harm than good.

Maybe the best tactic is to express commiseration and extend a sincere offer to help ease her illness. How about this? “What rotten luck! Here, try some of this cinnamon-spiced tea.” (or perhaps some folk-remedy like a hot toddy)

I’m worried people wont get the corona vaccine because of this.
I don’t know how we overcome this.

I take hope in the credible sources who estimate that a vaccination threshold of somewhere around 60% will be enough to produce herd immunity. They don’t know the number exactly but their projections are based on what they do know about the nature of this virus. I hope they’re right since I realize that a certain percentage of our population will refuse to receive a vaccination.

1 Like

I think we are dead meat if he end up having to depend on other people. I just don’t know what we are gonna do. Although, there’s been an absolute run on seasonal flu vaccines, so maybe we can hit that 60% sweet spot. A lot of people are holding their kids back outta school, so when it comes to their kids, a lot of people seem to be taking it kinda serious.

I think we got a default 10% for which vaccination might as well not exist. But, that might be as high as 30% with the general state of paranoia and it being a new vaccine and all.

You think we can hit that 60%? IDK. I don’t know if we can. I hope enough people still have enough health insurance coverage by the end of this to make that 60% happen. After talking to a lot of people my own age, I have real doubts.

Maybe what they have are bad allergies and not the flu? I have bad allergies now, darn ragweed. The first frost does not always end it. Once harvest season starts here in Nebraska, that is the worst time for allergies and I feel like I have the flu every fall for about a month. I don’t live out in the country either. This year has been really bad for allergies for me, this last spring I kept wondering if I may have had Covid?

She doesn’t have the flu.
But, this happens every year during cold/flu season.
Someone gets sick and assumes the vaccine made them sick.

New issues of Diabetes Care and Diabetes are out (https://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/), from the ADA, and this caught my eye. Haven’t read it yet…

This seems to be positive, but deserves a careful read…