Daily Diabetic Supplies

Besides the attached pump and CGM, I carry a meter and a small contaner of skittles or spice drops.

Plus: Medic Alert necklace, wallet card with all contact information, pumo and cgm info, currently meds, even a small CD of my health records.' The Medic Alert just says "Type 1 Diabetic. See Wallet Card."

I kept an emergency kit at work with 2 weeks supply of pump/cgm supplies, plus other medications. I always told my work buddies to send with me if I ever go out on a stretcher...

Pump/CGM (Medtronic single dingus unit), meter, Smarties is about it.

I've started tucking alcohol pads into my meter, mostly for running as when I run, I end up with a slurry of Gatorade, Smarties, jellybeans, Gu, etc. all over my fingers and like to wipe the goo off before I test? I keep one extra set in my glove compartment as last summer, I had a couple of "pull-outs" on long, hot runs but I've also used additional tape so I haven't had one so far this year, although we're out to 18 miles this coming Saturday so we'll see how that goes!

OH YEAH !!! I always have my cell phone and phone cord in case I need to recharge my phone. And spare batteries for my pump, And a dime to undo my pump to change the battery !

I bring a meter + lancet when I can remember. That's it. When I had an office, I'd keep spare supplies in my desk drawer. Also about $5 in case I need a candy bar or something.

When I travel, I bring more reservoirs and infusion sets.

Normally when I go out I just have my pump of course and my meter/remote with lancing device and strips. I also have glucose tablets that I keep in my purse.
I don't work, so I'm not usually out for a long day and I live in a small town where I can pop home in minutes. I do have spare pump and meter/remote batteries in my meter case.

For travel I carry more: a couple spare infusion sets and reservoirs, insulin, oral meds and syringes in case of a pump emergency, plus extra test strips. I plan to go to Guatemala for a few weeks next year and will take a good supply of sets as those would be hard to come by. (I don't think Animas ships internationally but I could use a courier service with a miami address). Insulin wouldn't be as much of a concern as you can buy it otc at reasonable costs there.

This is what I carry when I go anywhere, in a single pocket-size case. In addition I carry loose in my pocket another packet of glucose candy and an extra test-strip bottle. I don't pump or CGM so don't need any of those supplies.

Every day at work I carry:

-meter kit (includes test strips, lancets & alcohol wipes)
-2 Lantus pens with extra needles, & more alcohol wipes
-2 pints OJ, 2-3 Capri Sun drinks
-pkg of glucose tablets

I have been stuck at work, so in my locker there, I have a stash of more testing supplies & glucose tabs/gel.

If I'm not working, I usually carry at a minimum, the meter kit, & at least 1 OJ.

Every bag I own & glove box now has glucose tabs or gel. Both my car & bike have meter kits.

Basically, I have stuff everywhere!

my son is on a pump so we have with us all the time....spare infusion set, insulin resivoir,meter,test strips, vial of insulin and a couple syringes, juice boxes, peanut butter crackers, glucagon pen, and I think thats it....most of it is back up supplies if for some reason his pump malfunctions. Good luck

LOL, Ruth! I hate getting everything ready for a vacation. I am getting ready to go overseas for three weeks and have lists and piles, OMG! I tend to take way too much stuff, but it makes life easier.

However, one year I completely forgot to bring extra test strips. Ran out on day 3, went to the suitcase.... The kind of strips I needed are "non Francais," so I had to buy an entire new meter. All the programmng instructions were in French, so husband and I programmed it with a translation dictionary. Interestly, insurance covered the entire cost of the new meter, which really was a surprise.

I always have my meter strips and lancet, as well as glucose tabs and a syringe and humalog incase my pump fails. I judge purses on their ability to carry my supplies!

Thanks for the info. I guess it's my turn. I work an hour and a half from home.

4 -6 Infusion sets (I have had problems with the cannulas getting bent.)
2 Reservoirs
4-6 bottles of test strips
3 Meters
Control Solution
Ziploc bag of alcohol and cotton swabs for set changes
Novolog and Lantus pen
Pen needles
Glucagon kit
Ketone strips
AAA batteries
Fast acting carbs

I carry some items like sure t sets and batteries in a small flat tackle box. The rest all loose in my bookbag.

I suppose it depends on where I'm going. If it's just out to the shops or somewhere local I usually carry my meter, two syringes and a bottle of novorapid and some glucose tabs. If I am going further afield I take everything but the kitchen sink with me. Only thing I don't use anymore are the alcohol swabs. May I ask why you use three meters, I use two myself.

I use this guy here (humulin pen):

http://www.diabetessuppliesplus.com/HNP.html

I try and keep them cold if I can too.

I have my pump which is also my meter plus extra strips and lancets, insuling, a pod (I'm on the omni pod). But I work for a drs. office so I have a desk full of snacks depending on what my blood sugar is and we have extra supplies if I run out or forget something

I keep everything in my Animas Pump e-kit with me and have added: a quick reference manual for my pump, a flashlight in case I drop my nosecone, sweet tarts (9 tablets = 15 CHO with 27 tabs in a full roll), and extra insurance and medic alert cards. So take the long lists below and add my short list to theirs and you have mine. BTW, I used to work as a paramedic and it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Jay