Detox Asian Veggie Hot Pot
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 - 4 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of miso paste (any variety will do)
- 1/2 stock cube (either chicken or vegetable)
- 1 inch ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1 small chilli (de-seeded and chopped finely–you can replace with dried chilli flakes)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 lime
- 1/2 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 head broccoli (cut into bitesize pieces)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup kale (and a mix of other vegetables you have lying around. I like to use things like cabbage, spinach, kale, edamame beans, beansprouts and courgetti noodles)
- 1 serving dried rice noodles
- Optional: leftover cooked chicken, turkey or pork
- Place all the ingredients into a jar that can be sealed. You may need to break up the noodles to fit it in. You can do this the night before so that it’s all ready for you to take to work.
- When you’re ready to eat, pour boiling water into the jar to the top, and make sure you give all the contents a really good stir. You need to ensure the miso paste is spread throughout, and the noodles are starting to unravel.
- Seal the lid and let it sit for 3 – 4 minutes, in which time the noodles will be cooked, and the vegetables are al dente. You can squeeze the lime for extra zing, and top with more chili if needed. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 263; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 970mg; Potassium: 925mg; Carbohydrate: 50g; Fiber: 10g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 13g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit A: 129%; Vit C: 581%; Calcium: 19%; Iron: 20%