Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1 large organic cauliflower head
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely diced)
- 200 grams or 2/3 cup frozen soy beans
- 150 grams or 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup songino or rocket leaves
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup mint (finely chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (cubed)
For the Dressing:
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 20 grams or 4 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 20 grams or 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 10 grams or 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a small pan, toast seeds and ground turmeric over a medium heat until lightly golden. Stir through tamari and set aside to cool.
- Remove outer leaves and stem of the cauliflower, chunk into pieces, then wash and thoroughly dry it.
- Now pulse in a food processor until crumbly and rice-like.
- Drizzle some olive oil on a pan over medium heat and add garlic.
- Sauté for one minute then add cauliflower.
- Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Cook frozen soy beans and peas in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and salt for 10 minutes, adding some water if necessary.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until evenly combined.
- Dress salad just before serving. Sprinkle with toasted seeds.
Per Serving: Calories: 425; Total Fat: 26g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 15g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 433mg; Potassium: 255mg; Carbohydrate: 33g; Fiber: 11g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 12g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit C: 84%; Vit A: 17%; Calcium: 14%; Iron: 20%