Dexcom receiver options

I am on a medtronic 630g with the enlite sensor. I find the cgm on the medtronic pump expensive and you don’t really know where your sugar is headed. It will only warn you 20 or 30 minutes before a high or low and then it doesn’t even rise or fall to the point that it says. I am thinking of going back on the dexcom. I was on it before but I some how misplaced the receiver. My question is, is there another form other than my cellphone to get the information that is cheaper I used my cell before but you need wifi wherever you go and it eats up battery life. The receiver is about 600$ in Ontario.

Right now I see a new G5 touch receiver for 200 US dollars and used G4 receiver for 100 on ebay. (just search “dexcom” there)

Does the dexcom g5 reciever have a setting in it to change your blood measurement. In Canada it is in mmol’s. If I bought a reciever in the U.S. would I still be able to use it?

Oh, I forgot about the difference in reading units. I don’t know if they have this option, I doubt it. There are also ebay.ca for Canada, ebay.co.uk for UK and ebay.de for Germany. They would probably have receivers with mmol’s readings, check with the seller before buying.

As far as I am aware, there is no need for wi fi whatsoever. Bluetooth - Yes, but that has nearly no battery drain.