Diabetes and going barefoot, what is the real deal?

I think you directed your comment at the wrong person.

I understand that we sometimes stray from a topic and changing a topic’s original question can sometimes end up as a thread hijack. I also understand that some divergence from the original poster’s question can lead to other interesting questions and observations.

I don’t think it helps to scold. That does not build community; it erodes it.

4 Likes

You are not. I am barefoot most of the time-including walking on the beach. The only time I wear shoes is when it gets too cold to go barefoot or I am dressing up. I am type one, A1c 5.2, never had a problem. I also have wine with dinner and occasional beers.

I do keep an eye on my feet, just to be sure.

1 Like

We have the red tide going on. No way am I barefooting on the beach.

All the dead fish that washed up are just bones now and people are showing up at the ER with injuries from stepping on them.

I loved walking in the ankle deep water along the shoreline pre diabetes but I am not sure that is wise now cause with wet feet the skin is soft so I have don’t have the advantage over the shoe people like I do on dry surfaces. In the water always got little cuts like everyone else. But what is funny is the shoe people can’t even make it 50 feet over the “rough” parking lot to their cars. LOL you don’t need shoes cause your feet are too fragile your feet got too fragile cause your always in shoes.

1 Like