Diabetic diet

Do any of you know anything about Dr. Bersteins diet?

Yes. It is based on very low carb macronutrients called 6-12-12. That is the number of carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner respectively. It is described in his book “Diabetes Solution” which you can read big chunks of on books.google. He also has a book called “The Diabetes Diet: Dr. Bernstein’s Low-Carbohydrate Solution‎” which has about 100 recipes. If you have more specific questions, I’d be happy to answer them. Any diabetic wishing to have a strong set of diabetes reference books should consider a copy of “Diabetes Solution” even if they decline to follow the diet.

I give Dr. Bernstein credit for saving my life. He, along with Jenny Ruhl’s site gave me the info that no one had bothered to provide me with for the previous 11 years since I was Dx’d. Now I have an A1C of 5.6, I’ve lost 20lbs, and haven’t had a BG value above 120 in 8 months. If you really want to gain control of your D, then you need to read this book and follow the man’s advice. Just my opinion, YMMV.
Mike

Mike, thanks for the resp. whst’s the name of the two books

Jenny Ruhl’s book/website is “Blood Sugar 101”. Bernstein’s website is www.diabetes-book.com. The website has a large portion of the book on it that you can read for free. That’s the two sites that got me going in the right direction.
Best wishes,
Mike