Do you have mental illness? Come on in :)

i have OCD and bi-polar too. nothing has worked for my ocd; do you mind my asking, what meds (if any ) do you take for the symptoms? also, what behaviors are specific to your OCD ? i am a “checker” and an “arranger”. i hate them both. it is very time consuming and it robs me of a good quality of life.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am type 1 diabetic, bipolar 1, ocd, gad, add. I take lithium, lamictal, risperdal, klonopin, amantadine, and lexapro. i weigh 230 but should be 180. i try to eat as low carb as possible and do a lot of cardio exercise. I was diagnosed with diabetes when i was 7 in 1994 and the mental stuff in 2005. I am now 28. I live day by day, work at my Dad’s hardware store as a cashier, go to the gym, and play the bass and drums. It’s very difficult managing all of this day to day. My dad organizes my pills for me weekly and I wear an insulin pump to make the diabetes easier.

Hello I’m Jessica. I have bipolar disorder, adhd, generalized anxiety disorder and ocd. I am stable on meds and have been for about 11 years, with only minor blips during that time. Of course, it’s still a daily practice to keep myself emotionally well, but overall things are good :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have anxiety and depression…along with type 1 diabetes!. my life is not a fun one due to them !.

we have nearly the same thing. i’m type 1 with bipolar ,OCD, ADHD, and GAD. I take 14 “things” for everything. But despite all the bad stuff, I still manage to laugh and smile everyday.:slight_smile:

I’m just like you and take life one day at a time it is so hard when you are so depressed and your blood sugar is so out of line

I have the same problem and I have spouse who is very abusive to me verbally I don’t have the strength to get out of the marriage I’m too weak from the diabetes

Hi all! It’s good to see threads like this one. I’m a 40+ year T1 with few complications, though still have a few. Currently A1c is around 5.6 plus or minus. Heaven knows it’s rarely been that though. I’ve been into the double digits plenty of times. Mostly during my tenacious youthful years. As I’ve aged, the strain of keeping up the “game” of staying healthy definitely gets harder and harder. I’ve dealt with times of anxiety and depression plenty enough. Went through a bout 5 years ago that just about sunk me financially and had major effects on my family life. Fortunately I’m through that mentally, and realize now that I have issues that must be addressed even though I still struggle to pay for the damage I’ve done. I’ve never gone to see a therapist. Though, I’ve spoken with a few on the phone, just never set appointments to try to resolve this issue. I had a moment recently when I got a good hard look at my medical records and saw my main doctor had written in it “depression” as a symptom. Just didn’t realize it was that obvious. I feel I’m of sound mind at this moment, but not sure if I should go ahead and start the conversation now with a doctor for this particular issue before it becomes a major problem again.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, as I’m definitely not trying to imply that you are dangerously psychiatrically unstable, “crazy”, or “certifiable”. But I think seeing a qualified mental health professional (I’m partial to psychiatrists) for accurate diagnosis and treatment before things deteriorate is a good idea. Overall, it’s much easier to treat a mild depression without complications than a serious and treatment-resistant depression. My thoughts are with you!