Do you have mental illness? Come on in :)

Trying to take care of ourselves when this is an alien idea

Hi! My name is Brenda. I have bi-polar disorder, diabetes 2, pluse other issues. Give me a day or two to settle in. The Discussions above have me a bit overwhelmed. Talk to you soon!

Hi, I’m Kasi and I have Aspergers syndrome and severe depression. Yay Me!

Hey all! I’m Amanda, I have borderline personality disorder, depression, and anxiety as well as T2 diabetes. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hey, I’m Amy, and I have severe anxiety and depression…along with type 1 diabetes!

Hi I’m Kristina. I have Type 1 Diabetes and Paranoid Schizophrenia

Just joined. I have T2 for about 10 yrs. I also like many have mental health issues. I stinks when the depression hits and you just don’t care anymore. I am not good at taking my blood sugar ok never. I just tend to forget period. I need support and motivation. I have an 11 yr old who lost her dad in 08’ and she is so scared something will happen to me and the fact that I am 50 and smoking is scaring how do you make that go away. Who knows?

I myself struggle with depression, and bipolar problems. I sometimes forget to take my shot’s or test for days on end, and it leads to me getting really sick, and in some occusions almost having to take a trip to the hospitial. I am taking med’s now that are ‘supose’ to help, but there are days when I think to myself ‘why even bother…’ thankfully I have people to talk to now, but for the longest time I had no outlet.

M. Peterson
www.hellocupcakeitsme.com

Hi. I'm 3 month type 2, 64, trying hard to control with diet and some exercise. My latest diagnosis is bipolar which I think is much closer to me than the one I was given ten years ago which was DID.

In therapy (still) and on meds, and okay for the most part although I have to work at it. For a while, I used a great online program called Optimism where you chart your personalized triggers, stay wells, and symptoms. Helped a lot but lost interest. But I have a pretty could idea of what I have to do.

Add to that the diabetes and I'm not sure I've really come to terms with it - and whether I am depressed because I am diabetic or just depressed. I really am trying to stay away from adding one more drug to my regime.

peace.

Nancy

Hi OBX OMA, I'm Ann and also Bipolar since 2009 and diabetic since 2005. Watch your sugar on bipolar meds. Alot of them raise your blood sugar like Saphris.

Good morning! (isn't that a perky start?)
First my coming out statement: I have bipolar 2 and type 2 diabetes. What a lucky gal I am. Though it could be worse. I am a bit overwhelmed about all the diabetes info out there, especially conflicting information. Being bipolar, I like my ducks all in a row, rather than having to discern which expert to believe. I wish you all a good day, good heath, and a good mental health day as well.

Greetings from Edmonton Alberta Canada

I was diagnosed with Bipolar /OCD / Anxiety disorder in July 2000, and LADA in January 2002, and have seen the cross-impact of the two illnesses and their meds ( particularily the psych illnesses & psych meds impact on insulins and blood sugars. )

Good to see a support group here on TuDiabetes !

Cheers
Mike Knowler
Edmonton

coming back again. Bipolar and Diabetic 2. My psych doc is retiring (he is 90 years old) and I'm going to see a new doc for meds in a month. Please hope for me she doesn't want me to therapy too. I do not want to talk anymore. I started back up with Optimism Online which can be customized. I looked at other apps but like dialetic cognitive therapy which were just too complicated. I'd be interested if anyone has found Optimism Online. Very good, customize stay wells, triggers, symptoms, sleep, exercise, and general mood. You can print it out and take it to your doctor. It take some diligence to keep feeling it out but it helps me zero in on specific things.

Hello, everyone. I'm diabetic 2. Diagnosed with Bipolar, ADHD, GAD, & OCD. I am pretty stable and have been for several years. Just wanted to say hello :)

I am 55 and taking Buproprion for depression. In 2007, I had an episode where my bG was in the single digits. My memory and ability to focus has been declining for a while, but it seems a lot worse now that I'm older and retired. I just had another brain MRI and it was normal--except for "signal hyperintensity within the right frontal subcortical white matter, which likely represents prior remote insult." From what I've read, my brain damage causes impairment in sustained attention, memory retrieval, and visio-spacial skills.
I am working on getting an appointment with a psychiatrist and hope there is a medication that can help me with the ADD symptoms. Has anyone experienced this type of brain injury diagnosis? Are there medications that can treat it?

Hi,everyone i suffer from depression and anxiety, i take meds for the anxiety now. My Bg's go insane when my anxiety levels are up. I take nothing for the depression at this time.

Omg! I’m Amy too and I have exactly what you have’ We gotta talk1 Write me back and I’ll send you my real email.

Hi. An antidepressant Could help buT most make you fat. I know all about how mood affects bg levels and I’ve had this for nearly 47 YEARS.

Hi, I am suffering from mild depression and anxiety, I am a type1 diabetic for 16 years, now I am 28

Hey there Kristina,
i’m daisy mae and i have paranoid schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder and OCD as well as D.

what meds do you take and how do you manage your D BGs?