Doctor Appointment today...... =/

yes. i am going to look into a pump, never really thought it before, today i had a nice talk with someone and made me think a little

Hi Jen. I am here to support you…i am also a mother, so here it goes and this is with love and understanding. As Mark wrote ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THE CHANGE. Let’s face it there are times when i am completely frustated because my BG goes up for no good reason, and then there are days i simply forgot to give myself a bolus, etc. You look very young. When i was in my twenties, i had a period of time when i simply didn’t care, i wanted to pretend i didn’t have diabetes, didn’t take shots, god, i was just tired of it… Well i started to lose weight while my BG skyrockted, i didn’t look good really. At that time i worked at a hospital and one of the Diettician’s who i have known for a while handed me a booklet and walked away. She knew me well. I am grateful she did this. The booklet was about serious complications of diabetes if not in control. I cryed for couple of days, i felt sorry for myself really. I was so scared at this point but then i decided that Diabetes will not win this battle, because i am stronger than that and i will do my best to win no matter what it took. Take a hard look at yourself and ask if you are doing eveything possible, you have to be honest with yourself because only you know and no one can do this for you, it is your disease. Pump is great tool, takes time to learn the ins and outs but it helps a lot. Everyone slips, us who have diabetes can’t do it a lot, not an option. You could do this like the rest of us here. YOU COULD DO IT JEN. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. You are stronger than you know.

Thank you. I love ladybugs btw. they reminds me of my mother, anyways! I am fighting my battle now. I have my daughter to live for and i have myself to live for, I am done with being selfish and pretending i don’t have this issue.

Anxiety attacks, on ativan (lorazepam) as needed, A1c of 12.4 in January, slightly elevated bloodpressure and was just put on lisinopril today at the ER to protect my kidneys. I’m terrified. We can be anxiety buddies if you want.

A1c’s look backwards – sounds like you are already making good decisions and looking forwards! Keep it up! One day at a time :slight_smile:

Here is a blog post from MelissaBL who is a great source of inspiration (and information!).

Jen- in the short amount of time you’ve been posting here, I’ve seen you be really excited a few times! You are doing good! Yes, it’s scary, and yes, you want better control, but you are making the first steps and you are doing good so far. We all have highs and lows (both in life, blood sugars, and mood) so at least one of us knows what you are going through at any given time. You are doing good and we will all be here for you. Kristin just said “One day at a time!” that is always the best advice!!! Good work, you’re doing great!

thanks! i am trying! i got really sick a few days ago and went to the ER so its been fun

This sounds familiar! There are a few depression discussions, and a depression group here on TU. I have also experienced a lot of anxiety, and I think D can come with hypochondria without a doubt… I have to tell myself everyday there is only so much I can control, but need to do my part. I am 31 with T1 for 8 years now. I still experience denial, and have been on this site for almost 2 years…

Beat of luck, gradual is good, and any improvement is a BIG improvement… =)