Doing everything I can

Six years ago, I told my endocrinologist, “yeah ok”… to all his directives regarding my new T2 diagnosis. After all, I was seeing him for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and was more concerned with THAT condition. I kind of “poo-pooed” the T2 dx. I took the glucophage, but really wasn’t consistent with exercise, low carb diet, or monitoring my BG levels.
Instead of weight coming off, The weight would come on, and not BUDGE when I attempted to step things up a few notches. After reaching my highest ever weight (sans pregnancy), I dragged out the old BG monitor. I had forgotten how to “code” the strips, so I called the 800 number for my monitor. I was immediately sent a new monitor that doesn’t require coding. My doctor got me the right strips, and I began religiously testing my BG levels. What I discovered was that they were completely unmanaged, despite my continued use of Metformin. I showed the numbers to my Doctor and got labs done which revealed an A1c over 6. I was put on Byetta on June 30, and it has made all the difference in the world. Inspired by positive change, I now more consistently check my BG levels, have begun rigorous daily exercise and low carb eating, choosing to track my daily intake on sparkpeople.com. Here’s hoping I can reach my goal weight by the end of March, '09!

Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep up the good work.

Lisa-

Good luck! I know you will hit your goal by 2009!

Sounds as though you are going to make it. keep us posted.