Enjoying a Diabetic Diet

Hey everyone!

While not a nutritionist or a chef, I do know my way around a kitchen. Having diabetes shouldn’t prohibit us from enjoying food! So I thought we could possibly exchange ideas. Tonight’s supper was:

Estimated Static Carbs: 27
Variable Carbs: Dressing. (I like a lot so I calculated appropriately.)

Chicken breast with a dry rub of Italian seasonings. I used marjoram, basil, oregano, garlic and parsley. Lightly sautee (or grill, or bake.)

Feta and Olive salad. Your choice of sliced olives (3/4 cup) with approximately 2 T crumbled Feta cheese. No oil necessary!

Fresh tossed green salad. I used 3 cups shredded Romaine and one medium tomato. And, of course, a copious amount of dressing. :-/

Voila! Light and carb consious! Any other ideas or suggestions?

Pumpkin Soup

I came up with this yummy recipe. I estimate it to serve 6-8 with about 20 grams of carbs per serving (about 1 cup). But I'm new at this carb counting thing so you might want to double check.

6 cups vegetable stock
3.5 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Fresh parsley, to taste
black pepper, to taste
Chia Seed, to taste
Coriander, to taste
Paprika, to taste

*To taste means put as much as YOU like.

Bring all ingredients to boil in a large pot. Reduce to simmer and cook until onion is tender. Stir periodically.

Enjoy!

Mmmmm…tis the season for pumpkin! Can’t wait to try!

Don't forget to check out our several recipe groups. I post mine in Recipe Exchange.....We're almost to soup season. Pumpkin soup sounds good, Tiki.....

Oh and Low Carb Recipe Swap is another one and there's one with a name something like Diabetics Who Like Real Food.....Have fun...