Experience with Tandem?

I’m about to get my first pump and am leaning toward TSlim. For those of you with experience with Tandem, how responsive are they? How easy to get hold of?

Thanks in advance.

I just started with a TSlim less than four weeks ago, and so far I love it. The have a help line that is manned all of the time, and I’ve called them twice for some routine questions and received wonderful help. They also sent a trainer who stayed with me until I was really comfortable and could no longer think of any more questions. This was my first pump, so everything was new.

Which pump do you have?

Flem07,
I have the T-Slim 2X.

I am starting on my first pump (t:slim X2) tomorrow. So far everyone I’ve talked to with Tandem has been easy to get a hold of, both on the phone and email. They did a lot of the legwork with my doctor, getting a hold of my very hard to reach endo to wrangle a prescription, etc. The trainer is even coming directly to my house, and I am quite far away from Chicago.

Fritz and Daytona, that is good to hear about Tandem. The 2x is what I’m leaning toward. Can you tell me what made you choose that pump over another?

I picked the X2 because:

• It’s firmware can be upgraded. When new features come out, I can get it without buying a new pump.
  • It will work with my Dexcom G5 sometime next year hopefully. I didn’t want to use Medtronic’s enlite.
  • It should eventually have hybrid closed loop capabilities, like the Medtronic 670G.

There technical support stinks, very very rude.