Anyone trying Fiasp and experiencing site problems?
I tried switching from Humalog to Fiasp a month ago. For the first couple of weeks the results were FANTASTIC. Very rapid onset of action. Diasend CGM downloads showed a modest reduction in average glucose levels but a big reduction in variability with only 4% of readings above 10 mmol/L (and I don’t do Low Carb). I was also able to reduce my I:C from 1:9 to 1:10 and my TDD by about 15%
Unfortunately by the third week, I began to develop site issues (reddening and bumps at the site and increasing stinging with boluses even with bolus speed changed to Slow). The problems got steadily worse and by the end of week 3, there was an obvious problem with overnight CGM readings by the second day of site insertion. By week 4 boluses were less effective and levels were pretty non-responsive to corrections.
Switching to a daily set-change relieved the problem but only temporarily. By yesterday sites were sore and swollen within a few hours of insertion. Big post-meal spikes and corrections very slow (although I could still see insulin action even after 5-6 hours). All indications of poor absorption at the site.
Since the problems were only getting worse, yesterday I switched back to Humalog and my control has settled back to where it was before Fiasp.
I am still really disappointed. Any insulin that will accommodated a large chocolate brownie without even a slight rise in BG has to be a winner. I shall miss it.