Finding docs in new city... Any Atlantans out there?

Hey everyone,

New to this forum (it has been great to poke around and hear others stories/questions/responses… I’m not alone!) and to Atlanta. My husband and I are eager to toss away the birth control, but first, of course, need to find some good docs here in Atlanta. Its pretty overwhelming trying to think about finding a good team of docs… I don’t know anyone here, let alone others tackling pregnancy with T1 diabetes, so I am not sure how to start my search. Find an PCP and get referrals from him/her? First get endo? It seems Emory has a good team of endos, but based on my googling (for what its worth…), women seem to prefer OB/GYNs at hospitals in Atlanta other than Emory. But cross-hospital care may not be the best way to go… Anyone have thoughts on that?

Anyway, I guess my questions are: Anyone out there in Atl have recommendations? And to everyone else, what are the best ways to find good docs when you don’t have recommendations from friends/family/colleagues?

Thanks everyone!

I have wonderful recommendations for Emory endos for you. I was their triage nurse until 3 weeks ago, worked with them the last 3 years. I am currently 5 months pregnant and a type one. I started seeing them as a patient right before my first pregnancy and then went on to work for them. I LOVE all the doctors, but I see Dr Jacobs and he is WONDERFUL!!! I attribute much of the success I have had in controlling my diabetes to him. If you prefer an ob/gyn outside of Emory it is no problem. We work closely with other offices. If you have any questions in re to Emory’s endo or ob/gyn I can try and help.
Endo # 404 778 3280