First Blog Post

I've never written in a blog before... I'm sure that's how a lot of people start off their first blog post. To share a little bit about myself. I'm a graphic designer... I live in Iowa with my dog and my boyfriend... I discovered that I have Type 1 Diabetes 5 years ago. I came home from my sophomore year of college in May and had some weird things going on. I went to see my family doctor at the time and my blood sugar was at 580. I was not hospitalized because my mom is a nurse and my family doctor knew that. We rushed over to the diabetic experts in town and got all set up with the right medications to bring things back to normal. That summer was a crash course in diabetes. We made every food on the planet that I liked to eat so that we could get my dosages right. Only some of my symptoms went away when my levels came down and my doctors told me "oh well."

Now 5 years later I find out that I have high Iron levels but no genetic mutation that causes high iron which is a good thing to not have the genetic mutation but I again got the "oh well" response from doctors... needless to say I have very little trust in doctors anymore.

Well that's my current vent... more later.

I agree that's a great idea to figure stuff out on your favorite foods instead of a bunch of stuff you won't like and probably won't eat a lot of either!

http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/Blog/AmyCampbell/ironing_it_out_linking_diabetes_with_iron_intake/
Please read the following blog ...if you increased iron levels are beyond limits ..i guess its matter of concern..please consult another doc or have second opinion about it...

Take care