First Diabetic Cancer Survivor to climb one of the seven summits - Mount Kilimanjaro

Bound for Africa: On July 25th I will be joining the Cancer Climber Association, Sean Swarner and other cancer survivors on an expedition to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,334 ft). It’s a 5 day climb to the summit followed by a safari in Tanzania. I’m hoping to be the first diabetic cancer survivor to climb one of the seven summits. I’m trying to raise money to support the Cancer Climber Association and to cover some of the expenses of the trip. My goal is to inspire diabetics and cancer survivors alike to live healthy active lifestyles and not be limited by disease. If you’d like to help out you can donate here http://www.giveforward.org/cancerclimber Thank you to everyone at TuDiabetes.com for your continued support!

Way to go Brian , July 25 , on my 70 th Birthday, living with diabetes since 1983 and having dealt with breast cancer in 1984 .
I am doing a fund raiser as well ( on my BD…visit my page , if you like ) : Diabetes Summer Surge :slight_smile: keep up the good work …all the best to you and your mates !

Well done Brian and good luck, I think you are using one of the most underated medicines diabetics can use , Excercise and positive thinking.

Good luck to you,Brian.Very proud of your courage.

Thank you everyone for your support. We will be journaling, tweeting, facebooking and even broadcasting via satellite video phone from the summit. Stay tuned for details!