First Post - TourdeCure 2009

Hello all!

My name is Tara and I am the co-founder of the local (Portland OR/Vancouver WA) cycling team Back in the Saddle! that will be participating in the TourdeCure 2009 benefiting the American Diabetes Association in July.

This year we are participating in the 27 mile ride with a goal of being able to participate in the 68 mile ride by next year.

With the economy the way it is it’s been pretty tough finding sponsorship or even additional riders. What makes it even tougher is that we can’t just ride no matter how much sponsorship we manage to bring in, each team member actually has to raise a minimum of $150 on top of the registration fee to participate.

But hey, we knew it was going to be rough before we started. Guess that’s half the fun, as well as busting out butts to get into tour shape before the big day. I’m glad we’ve got a couple of months still!

If anyone would like to ride with us or help us out, all the info is listed in my events section, including our team’s website (where you can also donate or join the team or just take a look). Feel free to check us out or zing me with any questions or comments!

Thanks!