Fix for tiny Dexcom-numbers on your Apple Watch

This is what my Apple Watch looks like right now.

What I did:
I downloaded two apps: Nightguard and Gluroo
Signed in to Gluroo with my Apple ID
Went to devices → CGM
There I checked the box Dexcom G6/G5
Put in my Dexcom Share name and password.
(Same as you use when you log in to Dexcom Clarity)

If you do not use the Share function, just set it up in the Dexcom app first. You do not need to have any followers.

Next I opened my Apple Watch app on my phone and chose the watch face I would guess is called “enlarged” or something similar in english. Next I chose the Nightguard complication called BG values as Gauge.

You can also choose a Nightguard complication called BG Values as Text. It will look like this using the modular watch face.

In the middle is Nightguard BG Values as Text
Bottom left is Dexcom
Bottom right is Nightguard BG Values as Gauge

2 Likes

If anyone has other fixes for this, you´re more than welcome to post it here.

Hi. Nice to know there’s a possible solution! I downloaded both apps as per your instructions, and added the Nightguard complication to my watch. There is no data being sent to the Nightguard app on my phone, so nothing displayed in the complication. Is there additional setup required?

1 Like

Once you start using G7 you can go back to having Dexcom in the center of your watch face as we used to be able to do a year or two ago. Plus if you continue to use it in the corners, the number is as it previously was before it shrank drastically for G6. Certainly not as big as the numbers on the OP’s watch, but big enough IMO.

2 Likes

My Dexcom numbers showed up in the Nightguard app after I put in my Dexcom user name an password in the Gluroo app under devices → CGM.

That didn’t happen at your end?

No. There is an error message displayed in the Nightguard app - it seems to want a URL to a Nightscout Server on the preferences screen.

Did I skip a step in my explanation?

This is what my Nightguard looks like:

And this is Gluroo:

EDIT:
Sorry, sorry, sorry -my fault.
You need to copy URL from DATA in Gluroo to preferences in Nightguard

1 Like

Let me know if it works, @Edward1.

Thanks, @Laddie. That´s good to know. I think I will get the G7 soon.

1 Like

Yes! It is working now. I had copy/pasted the url before but in such a way that there was no ‘token’ value. It just took a bit of trial and error. Thanks for posting this workaround. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I´m happy the workaround can benefit more than just me.

Another positive has been that my watch no longer drains battery. That´s a huge one.

1 Like