Watch faces on Apple watch 8 to display G6 data?

I just got an Apple Watch 8 to display CGM data when I am either driving or in a theater performance in hopes that I can look at the data and trend arrow more easily that fussing with my Tandem pump and/or phone.

For an initial effort, I’ve begun to use the modular watch face that allows date/time plus 5 complications. I’m using the Dexcom complication in the upper left and the Sugarmate/calendar option in the middle as you can see below:

As you can see, the Dexcom complication is pretty small and rather gray to the point that my old eyes can’t really see it … particularly if I am driving.

I don’t really care about the bottom 3 complications …

Does anyone know if Tandem is working on an Apple Watch complication? (I would likely jettison the Dexcom and Sugarmate stuff in favor of a Tandem offering.)

Are there watch faces with bigger complications?

Are there ways to increase the visibility/contrast of the Dexcom complication?

Thank you Apple Watch experts for your insights and recommendations.

John

1 Like

There is not much choice to alter those faces. I find the dexcom complication to be glitchy and it often won’t put current data in, I’ve seen it 10 min delayed. I’ve had best luck with the sugarmate complication

1 Like

Any news on when Apple is going to put the new Libre 3 CGM data on Apple Watch?

Hi John…
I wonder if part of the problem is how low contrast that is, a grey circle on a white back ground?
My Dexcom number displays pretty clearly in the middle (also on modular). I can’t read anything without reading glasses, but have no trouble with reading the larger number against black (no, I don’t use sugar mate - but if I’m uncertain about the reading, or if its falling or rising fast, I tap it to see the little 3 hr graph, and that seems to update it to real time).
(7.7 mol is 135 ish, I’m in Canada)

Good luck!

My Apple 5 watch shows the BG reading in green against a black background and is easy for me to see with out any reading glasses despite having poor vision and usually needing a bright light and reading glasses to read most small print.