Apple Watch OS Update

I recently updated my Apple Watch to the latest OS. My Dexcom readings are no longer shown on the “home” watchface with the time etc. If you touch where the Dexcom complication is, the current reading is shown on the Dexcom screen.
This kind of makes sense. You always had to go to the Dexcom screen to get your current BG because the BG displayed on the watchface did not automatically update itself so perhaps this change is deliberate.
Curious if others are seeing the same change.

Try removing the app from the watch and then adding it back.

I’ve had this happen a few times. Sometimes a combination of any of the following resolved it

• reinstall on watch
  • reinstall on phone
  • restart phone
  • restart watch
  • remove watch complication (Dexcom) from watch face, then re-add

Normally its working well but once in a while something goes wrong and I have to mess with it to get it going again.

My biggest problem is that the complication does not always show the reading on the screen, and I have to press it to go to the Dexcom
“page”. That will usually make it register on the face for awhile, at least. But you never know when it’s going to disappear.

I have that problem with the complication just showing “–” then tap it the app opens and I get data.

I think its more an issue of how Apple’s API work than Dexcom’s own lacking. Apple has tight limits on how often apps can update the display of their complications.

Thank you for your advice.
I’m of two minds about my current situation. I liked seeing a blood sugar on my watchface, but it was my experience that I had to press the complication anyway to be sure I was getting the current number so nothing has really changed except aesthetically.