Forgot to Bolus . . .Blaming Technology

I am happy to report that this has not happened to me… YET! I think I have had almost every CRAFT moment that you can have but thus far, this one has eluded me. Now that I say this, I am sure to be cursed and will forget soon. Thanks for bringing to the surface my next CRAFT moment! LOL!

That’s a thought. However, my endo told me it was perfectly fine to bolus after eating as long as I do it as soon as I finish. It has worked out for me so far except for those so called CRAFT moments which would happen either way, before or after. Thanks for sharing the idea though.

Okay I am looking for a different piece of wood to knock on as today…

…I was getting ready to eat lunch and remembered I wanted to mess with my basals and change the 2:30 basal to 1:30 as I am having lows every day at 4:30 (another post, as I need help), I fixed the basal setting and started to eat and half way through my lunch, I went ooooo crap I forgot to bolus and bolused half way through my meal, omg. Can you freakin believe it, crap after 6 years of not forgetting. :wink: ( and being all smug).

My cozmore beeps to remind me with my meal bolus,but I did have a problem 2 nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with my pump going off telling me there was a blockage. When this happens I disconnect the tubing and run some insulin through it,well I hooked it back up and fell asleep with out turning pump back on so by morning my BG was close to 200.

A few 300’s for me a few hours later was all that it required for me to start double checking nearly every time that I bolus for food or for corrections…

Well, I tried putting up signs, but then I just forgot to read them! I haven’t had my pump long, but because it is so easy to get used to, I already forget to bolus sometimes. I talked to my endo about it, though, and she helped by scaring me into remembering. She said some pretty scary things that we all have to face anyways with this, but hearing it helped me. She told me to think about all the things I wanted to do, and then she said the meanest thing ever. She told me if I didn’t bolus I would have to stop what I was doing and check my sugar again, which is just torture on my fingers! So I just think about having to double-check my sugars everytime I forget to bolus, and I don’t do it anymore!

This is so funny I can’t stop laughing. Doesn’t it happen every time we say ‘that never happened to me’ ? Suddenly - it happens!

I’m afraid I planted the seed, Karen. Sorry about that. Here’s to no more missed boluses.