Funny diabetic moments

I don’t see it that way. Skeeves me out totally.

I don’t use bathrooms anymore to shoot up, but 27 years ago, I did. I had gone out to dinner with a friend and went to the ladies room to take my insulin. I went into a stall to do it and after I took my shot, I dropped my syringe on the floor. It rolled a little bit into the next stall. I picked it up and went to wash my hands. The girl that was in there came out & was just giving me looks like I was some druggy.

My friend’s son has been helping me test since he was 3 and only now that he’s almost 9 has he lost some interest (went from wanting to do it every 5 minutes to every 15). Well, a few years ago when he had to get some blood work done the nurse had to lance him – and apparently he had to help get the blood out of his finger because, as he said, ‘she’s not doing it right.’ She said she’d never seen a kid so excited to get a smear done…

Wow Danny I can’t even imagine. I am sure now you can laugh about it now but then it must have been terrible. Sorry but I can’t get the picture out of my head of you guys dragging around a stationary bike, pulling it out of the car and you riding it for 20 minutes in the parking lot. That is hilarious!!!

These stories are hilarious! I have one that is more embarrassing and surprising than anything else. I am a teacher as well as a Type I diabetic who takes daily insulin injections. On my very first interview for a teaching position, the principal of the school politely walked me to my car as I left. I held my car door ajar as we said our goodbyes. I noticed the principal glance inside several times and scrunch her eyebrows. I was embarrassed, thinking that she did not approve of my messy car. When I got in and put the car in park, I noticed that I had two used syringes in the small opening in front of the gear shift. In plain sight! It dawned on me immediately what the scrunched eyebrows had really meant! I was sure my chances at a teaching position were over. Imagine my shock when I received a phone call from the principal the next day offering me the position to teach third grade at her school! Ah, the state of education today!

cute

LOL!!! Please tell me someone took a picture of that…LOL, stationary bike in Sizzler’s parking lot…Priceless!

BTW, you made have a taste for Sizzler’s cheese toast now…

LOL, oh no…I’m a little concern with that principle priorities…lol

“Why don’t we do it in the road? No one will be watching. Why don’t we do it in the road.”
– The Beatles

Heh. I’d rather do it (bolus) in the road that in the loo. Ew.

That is hilarious!!!

why that face ? wtf?