Good & Bad news

Hello everyone! So sorry I have not been on in a long time. Alot has happened since last year. Firstly My husband & I got married in 2010! :slight_smile: It was a very loving day & I am so glad to say I married my best friend & biggest supporter! —
Secondly, I became pregnant. I tried so hard to keep them under control that one day I even dropped it down to 50!!! YIKES!!! I was really excited but tried not to get my hopes up. I ended up miscarrying at 9 weeks pregnant. :’( It took me a long time to get back to normal after this happened. But my husband & I are VERY careful now. We don’t want to go threw anything like that again. So until my sugars are under 100% control for atleast 6 months to a year we are not going to try for a baby. My husband & I was very heartbroken over the entire thing. I really blame myself for this sometimes because the first 6 weeks I did not know I was pregnant & to be VERY honest I was not taking great care of myself at that point. After finding out though my sugars was the best they had ever been in my entire diabetic life!!! I try to keep that in mind when I think its my fault, even though it really is. I should take better care of myself for not only me but for all the ones who love me. & I see that now, so here I am back on Tudiabetes for support & love from all of my fellow Diabetics.

Welcome back Mari! So sorry to hear about the miscarriage… Though Congratulations to you and your hubby…wish you the best! Im sure you know the group here called “Oh Baby”. They would be more than happy to share with you tips and support on pregnancy.

I applaud your determination to do better and I know you feel bad, but truly there are all kinds of miscarriages for all kinds of reasons. I have been on this earth for 54 years and I can’t even count how many miscarriages have been suffered through by my close women friends and family, and NONE of them were diabetic.

Huge (((hugs))) to you and please stop beating yourself up for being part of the human condition.

Thanks everyone so much for the tips & kind words!