Good Endo in Chicago?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good endocrinologist in Chicago? I currently see a GP who I like a lot, but would prefer to have a doc who might allow me to email simple questions, i.e., a more casual doctor-patient relationship.

In such a big city, it’s hard to find the personal care you need without recommendations. My insurance should cover most anyone as far as I know.

Thanks!

Try Dr. William Kerr at Evanston Hospital. I have been seeing him and he has worked wonders for me…
(847) 570-1410
1000 Central St
Suite 640
Evanston, IL 60201

I receive all my care from the Veterans Administration. For 9 years, I went to the Hines VA hospital(5000 S. Fifth Ave. Hines, IL 60141) (Roosevelt&Fifth area)

My first endo was the absolute best I have ever had since. His name is Nicholas Emanuele MD. He is at Loyola Medical University Center and he sees VA patients twice a week. His wife is also an Endo at Loyola as well. Such a caring person and Doctor.
2160 S 1ST Ave
Maywood, IL 60153 http://www.stritch.luc.edu/depts/medicine/endocrinology/Nicholas_Emanuele_MD.htm

I would give any diabetic an excellent referral by sending them to this Dr.

Good luck and let us know how things go for you.

I’ve seen two endos in Chicago. Currently I’m with S. Bajramovic, M.D. at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and I have been very happy with my care. Also, I formerly was with an endo at Rush University, can’t recall his name, but they have an excellent endo department. You’d most likely receive great care at any of the major academic centers: Rush, Northwestern, University of Chicago. Good luck!