Great New Healthy Habits Program for People with Type 2 Diabetes

Make a difference in your own life and in the diabetes community by participating in the This Week I Will diabetes pledge campaign. The campaign is based on the philosophy that managing diabetes involves taking small steps each week that lead to effective behavior change over time. Each week you can visit This Week I Will to make a pledge to do small things like take the stairs instead of the elevator, or eat more green vegetables.

When you make a week-long pledge to commit to a specific behavior change to improve your diabetes management, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, LLC, will donate $5 to Diabetes Hands Foundation and TuDiabetes, up to $25,000.

To make a pledge on behalf of Diabetes Hands Foundation and TuDiabetes, visit www.ThisWeekIWill.com. Once you’ve made your pledge, you can share it on Facebook and Twitter, so your friends and family can support your goal! Share your pledges in the discussion below as well, so your friends on TuDiabetes can help cheer you on :)

This seems like a positive, reasonable program that focuses on behaviors. It is also sponsored by a drug company advertising another diabetes drug.

Programme doesn’t seem to accept non Americans.

I"d like the This Week I Will better if it didn't insist on donating.

Seems like the small steps emphasis is missing the basic step: something small every day. I guess I'm a literalist.
TODAY, I will work (1) thing differently.
TODAY I will commit to do this one thing each day of the week.
TODAY is the only day I have to work with.
TODAY is the day that counts, not yesterday, not tomorrow....