Have you tried Livongo? What are your thoughts?

I’ve had my In Touch meter for two weeks now and I love it.

1 Like

@curlysarah has tried it and from what i have seen on fb she is a big fan!

1 Like

I just got an email from FedEx and my Welcome kit is supposed to be delivered today. it even said the meter was fully charged and ready to go!

4 Likes

So far, so good. I’ve had my InTouch meter for about two weeks. Have had a few failed tests, and a couple times, I had to retest because the results were to low, but I’m generally happy so far. I want to be able to export data (like to diasend), but taking things one at a time.

I love it. It’s totally worth the monthly fee. My boyfriend love that he’s notified of my lows or highs, even if he’s just in the other room. I like the reports I can generate and send or hand to my endo. I enjoy numbers, so those reports are perfect for me.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I have also had a few failed tests. About 3 per bottle of strips. I wonder if that is something to be concerned enough to let them know, or not.

I’ve been using the Livongo meter since the middle of September.

Mostly I like it.
The readings are accurate.
Uploading the readings is quick and automatic.
I can configure the readings (low and high) that trigger a notification to my support team.
If my reading is low or high I have instant access to a person on the phone or via text.

A couple of things I don’t like:
I cannot test while the meter battery is recharging.
If I test while the meter is in airplane mode, the time stamp that gets uploaded to the cloud is funky.
I’ve had as many as 5 test strips out of a container of 50 fail, and as few as 0 in 50.

@Corinna, @catwoman29, @Thas: would you mind calling Livongo Member Support at 800.945.4355, to give them details about the vials you used?

Full disclosure: I work for Livongo.

@askmanny I ran into the failing strips early on and have already reported it.

1 Like

I just did myself today(getting about the same number of duds as you). While I was on the phone with them, they noticed I’m down to about 15 days of strips and asked me if I’d like more sent. I said “yes thank you!” - one less thing to do.

4 Likes

Called and reported it. No problem on available strips yet, like @MarieB, though – My new order shipped out already (scheduled delivery:tomorrow), triggered by a positive response to the meter asking me about refilling :slight_smile:

Course, as an IT pro, I have to remember to actually READ miscellaneous messages that pop on any screen! :wink:

3 Likes

This thread hasn’t been updated in over a year. Does anyone have more current experience to report? I’m thinking of trying it and would like to know what people think now that it’s been around for a while.

I’m also interested in a Livongo subscription, but I’d be more likely to sign up if I could get a reduced price for limited or no advice/coaching from a CDE.

I’d like to broaden the topic to include One Drop as well. In other words, has anyone used one or the other and what has been your experience? Would you do it again?

I’ve used both Livongo and One Drop. So far, I have had generally good experiences with both. I have gotten timely deliveries of test strips from both, when needed. The meters work fairly well, though the Livongo meter seems to ‘err’ on the lower side, while the One Drop usually gives me somewhat higher results when testing side-by-side. I have had quite a few ‘failed tests’ with the Livongo meter, while I have had nearly none with the One Drop. I suppose the unlimited strips feature makes this less of a problem, other than reordering strips more frequently. The Livongo test strips require a much larger sample size than the One Drop does. I have had responsive customer service from both companies to troubleshoot issues with the app, meter, etc. The Livongo meter warns me when my strips supply gets below a certain threshold, and allows ordering more strips directly from the meter, though Livongo has allowed earlier ordering, when I’ve wanted/tried it. Both companies’ apps have ordering features built in. One Drop says they will check usage before processing orders for strips, but so far I have not had a problem. Lately, I have been favoring the One Drop meter because it’s small and convenient for me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. Any idea who makes the One Drop meter for them or is it proprietary? If the meter goes bad do they replace it or do you need to buy another one?

No official confirmation, but the AgaMatrix JAzz meter used the same strips. The One Drop version looks nicer, and (for me) seems a bit more accurate, though that could be a meter-to-meter thing.

I have been using OneDrop since February 28, 2017. I hadn’t had any error strips until this week. I have had 10 error strips in the past three days and have reported it to OneDrop. They are sending me Control Solution and will be talking to me after I receive it.

I just got my A1C result and have gone down from a terrible 9.3 (had trouble getting insulin prescriptions so I “let things slide” and wasn’t testing because I knew it would be high since I reduced insulin to make what I had last.) My A1C is now 7.2. I am trying to get it down to 6.0.

I like being able to test as often as I want, and having adequate insulin has further enabled me to give the right dose of basal and bolus. I’ve managed to stockpile some insulin too.

Being perfectly honest about it, I didn’t start doing the “right” things until I started OneDrop. I didn’t get my insulin prescription refills until the end of January, but I was still in a bad frame of mind for another month.

I am a data/numbers driven person, and seeing the BG’s, Carbs, Insulin units and Exercise on my phone has motivated me more than anything else has.

1 Like

Looks like the software has changed significantly in four years…

Current version is hard-coded to ADA recommendations for high and low bgs. These are much more variable than I’d like to be. There is a selection of “how are you feeling” options that you have to check off - none of which ever seems to be appropriate, so “I’m feeling fine” is my usual default. Also, while main meals have before-and-after options, “snack” doesn’t.

The screen is bright and colorful… and did I say BRIGHT??? There’s no way to turn it down, and because there’s no port light, it often blinds one against the opening on the test strip where one needs to place the bleeding finger.

My initial Livongo readings were 20-30 mg/dl higher than my OneTouch Verio readings. 300 strips in, they dance around each other a bit better, but there are still a number of outliers. They’re usually best in sync in the 90-110 mg/dl range.

Otherwise: the case is HUGE. The meter is bulky. The strips and the vial are also HUGE. However, I can see where these can be be easier to handle for children and for people with arthritis. Oh, and you have to take the meter out of the case in order to charge it.

Got my meter and BP cuff from my insurance Love both