Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Heidi Dixon, I'm 20 years old and currently doing my third year of university (Biochemistry-Nutrition!). I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when I was 21 months old. Obviously I don't remember much about my actual diagnosis! I have been living with diabetes basically my whole life, I don't know any other way of life. I guess that made it slightly easier for me than people who have to adjust to an entirely new lifestyle. I started out on needles, then when I was old enough to give my own injections I switched to pens, and finally I got an insulin pump in 2003. The pump has been so great and really changed how I live my daily life!
Every one on here so far has been so nice and supportive and I'm so glad that I've found this place to get to talk to people who understand everything that I have gone through!
So yeah, that's a little about me. Hoping to meet lots more people to talk to!

Hi Heidi! Welcome to the site. Have fun, learn, vent, just make yourself at home.

Thanks!! Looking forward to it! :)

WELCOME HEIDI!!!!!! This is one of the best sites to meet other diabetics! I'm a Type 1 myself from the 70's (73 to be exact) I didn't get d til I was 10 but I honestly don't remember any other way now after 38 years. LOL!

Hi Heidi I sent you a Welcome on the new MEMBERS page but glad to welcome you again. This is a grand and wonderful site. So many kind and caring folks. I am the Grandfather to all. I just saw my endo this afternoon and my A!C was 5.9...I am on top of the world not too bad for an old guy 84. WELCOME!!!

Hi Doris!
I'd say it would be hard to remember another way! At first it was really hard adjusting, but now it's easy to just see everything about my diabetes as simply a part of life! :)

Hi! Thanks again, everyone has been super kind. That's really great about your A1C! Hope you keep feeling as good as you do!!!!

I look at it that way too!

Nice to meet you too! See you around!

Thanks, and I hope so!