Hello

Hi, since I’m new here, I’ll introduce myself here. My name is Jenny, I am 20 years old, and I have had type 1 diabetes for about 9 years. I have been on an insulin pump (One Touch Ping) for almost a year now. I am a junior in college majoring in meteorology and mathematics. Activities which I enjoy include Irish Step dancing, fencing, and band. I play piccolo in marching band and flute in concert band. I also really enjoy reading, especially fantasy and sci fi, which probably explains my username.

Just another welcome here! You took Type 1 at 9? I took Type 1 at 10. that will be 37 years ago this August. On my 21 year olds bday! Yes I had the Type 1 way before she was born on that day.

Welcome and glad you found us.
I am Osob type 1 for 23 years and I am 25 now seeing as your majoring in mathematics I think you can work out the rest.
Please get in touch if you need anything.

Welcome! You will like this forum - lots of good advice and stimulating discussions:)

welcome!

Welcome, welcome, Jenny! You’re a woman of many talents & interests.

Thanks, I really like Mercedes Lackey, Marion Zimmer Bradley, and Anne McCaffrey. I also think that Tolkien is amazing! I have not read any CJ Cherryh but I think that I have read a book by Patricia McKillip that I liked though I haven’t read the Riddlemaster series. I’ll probably check out your suggestions though.

Step dancing, eh? Don’t drop your Ping. . .

Welcome Jenny! I also like sci fi and fantasy it helps to deal with reality. I’ve had the big D for 51 years and still kicking lol.

Welcome, Jenny.

Welcome! It’s really nice to meet you.I am 30 years old and have been type 1 for 16 years now. How is college life? I love your username :slight_smile:

oh wow, step dancing, my cousin Erin toured with the Makem Brothers for a year or more, and is in pretty tight with them. She’s not a dancer, but appreciates everything Irish, as do I. Welcome to the T1 club.